The Times Herald in Port Huron, MI, is ready to make a difference! The newspaper is soliciting nominations from the community for projects they can champion for this year’s Make A Difference Day. The winning project to be chosen by their readers will receive a $5,000 grant from The Times Herald and the Gannett Foundation to put towards their 2012 project. Will your project qualify? Take a look.
While you’re applying to win this grant, don’t forget to register your project in the Make A Difference Day project database to be considered for national awards.
Is your newspaper making plans for this year’s largest day of service? Tell us about it in the comments below or email us.
- Facebook Tips & Tricks for Make A Difference Day
- Small businesses can Make a Difference with Causetown
- Post a project, get involved!
- Port Huron projects eligible for $5,000 grant
- Make a difference ANY day!
- Members of Congress recognize our National Honorees
- Waukegan school playground honored by Make a Difference Day
- Honorees recognized by The White House
- From The White House blog: Volunteers to the rescue
- From The White House blog: The BIG DIG inspires community pride